MARTHA STEWART’S BABY SHOWER ON TWITTER.COM™” OFFICIAL RULES
“MARTHA STEWART’S BABY SHOWER ON TWITTER.COM™”
NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the “Martha Stewart Baby Shower on Twitter.com™” (“Sweepstakes”) conducted by MSLO Productions, Inc., 226 West 26th Street, New York, New York 10001 (''Sponsor'') and promoted on Martha Stewart’s Twitter account on www.Twitter.com with the Official Rules made available at www.marthastewart.com (''Websites''). The Sweepstakes will start at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 21, 2011 and will end at 11:59 PM ET on February 25, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENT MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING FLORIDA) OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID IN FLORIDA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the ''Released Entities''), and their immediate families are not eligible.Twitter.com is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of winner(s) or the awarding of Prizes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Be a follower of the Martha Stewart Twitter account on www.Twitter.com as of February 20, 2011. Each day during the Sweepstakes Period Martha Stewart will Tweet the product that will be given away that day and instruct Tweeters what to Tweet to be eligible for a chance to win (“Eligible Entry” or “Twitter Entry”). By sending a Twitter Entry, each entrant consents to receive from the Sponsor a reply Twitter message and, if applicable, a Twitter message, e-mail and/or phone call notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential winner. (Entrants should contact their appropriate internet, wireless and/or phone service providers for complete details with respect to message and data rates both for sent and received messages.) Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late entries or entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All entries, upon submission, become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, at which time, the selection of the Prize Winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of Sweepstakes termination.
3. WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING: Nineteen (19) Prize Winners will be selected in random drawings from among all Eligible Entries received at the time the random drawing takes place. The random drawings will be conducted on a daily basis between February 21, 2011 and February 25, 2011. The random drawings will be conducted by Martha Stewart or Sponsor’s representative whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time the random drawing is conducted.
4. NINTEEN (19) PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Prizes will be awarded in daily drawings as designated by Sponsor. Ten (10) Phillips Avent Baby Bottle Kits, ARV: $49 each; Three (3) Stokke Xploratory Strollers, ARV: $1099 Each; One (1) Giggle Better Basics Harper Crib, ARV: $550;Three (3) McClaren Strollers, ARV: $550 each; One (1) MacClaren Nursery Collection, ARV: $3,200; and One (1) Bright Starts InGenuity Line, ARV: $335. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $9,522. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per household.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: Eligibility, age and claims made by potential prize winners are subject to verification. All Potential Prize Winners will be contacted via Twitter.com and will be required to provide Sponsor with his/her mailing address, email address and telephone number within twenty-four (24) hours of notification. In the event a Potential Prize Winner does not provide Sponsor with his/her mailing address, email address and telephone number within twenty-four (24) hours of notification, that Potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Potential Prize winner who is awarded the MacClaren Nursery collection will be sent via U.S. Mail and/or e-mail an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), which potential Prize Winner must sign before a notary public and return to Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC within fourteen (14) days of notification. All other Potential Prize Winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Prize Verification Form within fourteen (14) days of notification. Prize Winner who accepts the MacClaren Nursery collection must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed. If any selected potential Prize Winner is not an Eligible Entry, fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit any required documentation within the designated period, or the Prize Winner declines the Prize for any reason, that Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Eligible Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address or Twitter account, the winning entry will be declared made by the ''Authorized Account Holder'' of the e-mail address or Twitter account at time of entry. ''Authorized Account Holder'' is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and each Winner: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor and Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes’ security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlikemanner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Released Entities, including but not limited to Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Martha Stewart from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of Prize Winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or Released Entities' control (each a ''Force Majeure'' event) the Sponsor and Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. NAME OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the Prize Winners, (available after March 18, 2011) or for a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by to: Martha Stewart’s Baby Shower onTwitter.com c/o MSLO Productions, Inc., Inc. 226 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winner List".
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media.
(c) 2011 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Twitter and Twitter.com are the trademarks and service marks of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.